Our Track & Field programs offer youth and adult athletes of the Silver Valley and surrounding areas an opportunity to develop and grow in the sport of track and field year round. Coached and lead by World Class Sprinter, Cheetah Burrell, along side World Class Strength Coach, Gabriel Burrell, and Post-Collegiate hurdle coach, Amy Miller, our athletes will have the opportunity to compete all over the nation under both AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) and USATF (United States of America Track & Field) athletic governing bodies.
What is Youth Track?
- Our youth track program is for athletes ages 9 - 18.
- They compete in 2 year age brackets.
- Bantam: 9-10 years, Midget: 11-12, Youth: 13-14, Intermediate: 15-16, Young Men/Women: 17-18
- They compete in track meets in state and out of state across the nation at varying levels of competition based on their appropriate age group which is determined based on the year of birth and competitiveness.
- They are developed in events appropriate to their abilities, gifts, and talents.
- They are all tested in their first season with our program both on the track and in the weight room.